Memnon Archiving Services SA is a SONY Company based in Brussels. Memnon is active in digital business and industry, providing to clients all over the world, audiovisual digitization solutions and services for archiving, distribution, release of audio, video and films contents and metadata enrichment.
Memnon offers a permanent and full-time junior system administrator employee contract.
As a junior system administrator assistant he will assist the Director of Infrastructure in hardware setups and maintenances, software operating systems installations and networking installations and settings.
As part of his mission, the junior sysadmin assistant will be responsible for:
- Hardware devices preparation, test and physical installation in their final location
- Office Software & Operating Systems installation, updating and setup according to procedures and standards
- Network installation
- Racks installation
- Delivering hardware and software installations as above to the different teams:
- IT R&D
- Executing general maintenance operations, (disk, memory and other hardware components replacement, misc.)
- Documenting all interventions and component changes and updating inventory when doing the above tasks
- Assisting in supporting all hardware and OS issue
- First line helpdesk for any IT hardware, OS or mainstream office program issues. (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Informing immediately the Responsible of Infrastructure of any non-standard issues, documenting solutions to others.
- Suggesting improvement solutions and helping in establishing standards.
- Assisting in general setup documentation
- In charge of the periodic infrastructure watch (physical condition checks in production and ict rooms, monitoring of PRTG status reporting and ups/power/airco and other « ict live support » operations.
- Backups operation
- Software & OS Maintenance
- Management of the IT equipment stock (inventory, warehouse organisation and operation, delivery of supplies, small parts & accessories to internal requestors)
- Assisting in supporting general premise infrastructure (infrastructure electrical appliances, power circuits, recurring infrastructure supplier’s follow-up, etc)
Hierarchical & Operational Relationships:
- He will be part of the Infrastructure team and will report directly to the Infrastructure responsible for daily matters and tasks
- The Sysadmin will depend of the hierarchical authority of the Director of Infrastructure
- He will stay in touch with the Customer Delivery Manager and the Office manager regarding issues solving
- Structured, methodical and organized
- Experience with hardware stations, servers, switches and networks
- Basic knowledge of network technologies: spanning-tree, 802.3ad, vlan, qos, rip, ospf, …
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft technologies: AD, RODC, IIS, SQL-Server, …
- Hardware watch and inventory solutions skills
- Strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Strong Skills in Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Visio (documentation)
- Willing to accept occasional off schedule tasks.
Experiences, skills and studies:
- Bachelor in IT (or similar competence level learned and acquired by experience)
- shortly experienced in a similar position
- Strong French and English language skills
- Driving license
Contract, Salary and Conditions proposed:
- Full time employee contract with MEMNON ARCHIVING SERVICES SA (affiliate SONY)
- Monthly brut salary : 2.200 €
- Advantages & reimbursements: meal vouchers