Memnon Archiving Services, a Sony Group Company, is a world leader in providing digitization services for audio-visual media archives. Memnon works with archives and libraries, media companies, universities and other professional collection holders around the world to digitally preserve all forms of audio and visual archival assets and deliver innovative and intelligent ways to make use archival content. We have over 15 years of expertise and handled millions of hours and items of audio, video, film and photo materials. With delivery centers around the world and several on-site deployments at customer sites, we can offer solutions for clients worldwide with local support from our Sony Group units.
If you are an experimented commercial or technical pre-sales in the field of Broadcasting, System Integration or similar activity and you have related technical knowledge, interested in international business, bid writing and management competencies, and a high-level capacity of writing and presenting, Memnon would like to meet you!
The top line
The mission of the International Bid Manager within Memnon is to manage the bids processes with the technical and commercial team, to write the bid responses and create presentation, and support the start of the projects and transfer to the project teams.
Your mission will start with a tender/client requirement analysis and will continue throughout the whole bid cycle. Most of our clients are going through Public Tender processes, so you’ll organize and coordinate all aspects of the bid answering process including commercial, technical and operational aspects:
– Requirements and Analysis: You will be responsible to gather all requirements from the tender, analyze the documents, depending on the bid process participate in Tender Meetings of the customer, build a bid strategy, Manage the Q&A process
– Technical and Solution Design: You’ll design overall/high level technical solutions and production methods and project plan together with our technical, R&D and operational teams.
– Bid Management: You are the heartbeat of the bid process to manage the bid process with all relevant information from the internal departments, potential local partners and Memnon or Sony units, and the client. Your role will be ensure the timely and complete submission while ensuring high quality work and meeting internal review/approval cycles.
– Commercial: You will be responsible to integrate all technical and operational information in order to calculate costings and pricing proposals
– Bid writer: You will write answer to the bids and assume commercial quality, technical compliance, perfect language, and appearance and design consistency for the documents (Word and potentially PowerPoint).
At Memnon we strive harder than others to deliver best quality services to broadcasters and major players in the audiovisual, education and heritage sector.
In this role, you will be in touch with clients, partners, technical experts and all players involved in the project design, locally or abroad.
You will work closely with the management, commercial, technical and operational teams to write winning bids and proposals.
In detail / Responsabilities
• Management of Full Bid process
• Tenders and client requirements reading and analysis
• High-level solution architecture and technical design
• Calculation of Costing and Pricing/Commercial Proposal
• Conception of production methods and delivery/project plan
• Ability to create budgetary calculations and costings
• Participating in pricing discussion with the sales manager and top management
• Coordinating inputs received form all departments and their consistency
• Bid writing and Presentation creation
• Collecting and preparing administrative documents and references
• Ensure compliance of form and deadlines of bids
Who you are / Qualifications
• A bid manager and bid writer in Broadcast or Systems Integration
• Experienced with system integration and good technical knowledge in Audio/Visual, Broadcast and IT technology
• Strongly organized
• Collaborative attitude
• Strong customer service sense and attitude with a commercial and entrepreneurial driven mindset, self-starter,
• Must be self-motivated, work well under time pressure, meet deadlines and communicate timely with the teams
• Ability to work with Microsoft Visio, Google Sketchup and comparable
• Strong proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Native or nearly-native English (read, speak, write)
• 2nd Language preferred: professional/very good level in German/ French/ Spanish
• Ability to travel for projects and based in Europe (Memnon teams are in Brussels and London)
You’ll report to the Sales Managers and the CEOs.
You’ll collaborate with technical and operational teams.
Stay On Point
To deliver convincing and winning offers, you must be able to design outstanding technical and operational solutions and describe them in clear and impeccable language.
• Contractor agreement (24-40 hours/week, fix compensation and minimum period, potential long term engagement)
• Be part of a highly dynamic and energizing team
• Unique and international experience within the Sony Group