The role of the (senior) developer is to design and develop IT solutions for our client projects around the world and our production sites in Belgium, US and Dubai. The Software Engineer develops software modules, interfaces, and workflows as well as adapts and improves our proprietary developed solutions, allowing the production to stay fully efficient and delivering high quality digitization. Participating in technical watch, R&D and new products development and specifications.
We are part of the Sony Group, and the role will involve collaboration with Memnon’s international teams, the Sony R&D team in the UK and also require periodical global travel and deployment on new project start-ups and project system improvements deployed on various sites internationally.
The Memnon IT and R&D team develops its own solutions for audio, video and image digitization, ingesting, media transcoding, and workflow management. Our solutions are deployed in both Memnon Digitization facilities in Europe, US, and Dubai, and externally at many clients’ premises all over the world.
Moreover, in close collaboration with the Sony Professional Solutions R&D in the UK, the team and this role in particular, will be working closely with the Sony peers on new cloud based media applications and also work actively on Memnon’s new R&D on imaging technologies, 3D, robotics and other fields of new developments.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Analyse and review product requirements, and discuss technical feasibility
- Recommend and select of both technological and architectural choices
- Develop and maintain main applications with C #, C / C ++, SQL, NoSQL.
- Integrate individual software components developed by yourself and others in the team
- Develop and maintain by using Windows and Linux technologies.
- Develop and adapt cloud applications and dashboards by using both front-end and back-end Web technologies
- Create or maintain technical documentations
- Take part in various client projects
- Work in Agile methodology, make work estimates for your tasks and Plan, track and report to manage Agile sprints
- Participate in continuous improvement process of IT Solutions
- Work with Linux and Microsoft development environments and technologies
- Follow relevant latest technologies and drive evolution of technical solutions, proactively learn and self-develop, and inspire others in the team with new ideas
- Coach and guide (junior) team members (if Senior position)
- You participate in continuous improvement process of IT Solutions
- You document solutions
- You work with Linux and Microsoft development environments and technologies
- You’ll report to the CTO and Head of R&D Team
- You’ll collaborate with the development team colleagues and project managers
- You’ll work with project managers and production teams located in Brussels, Bloomington, Dubai and our on-site project locations worldwide.
- You will assist and provide advice to the sales team for technical questions.
- Brussels, Belgium or Bloomington, IN, USA
- Travel Requirement: You could be required to provide support our own global sites or on-site projects with our project managers. Usually, for some short missions (ca. 1-3 weeks) abroad for setup of new sites or on-site support or system setup/upgrades
Education and Experience
- Engineer, Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering or Computer Science (high school or university)
- 2 years experienced in a similar position
- Preferred: interest for/knowledge of audio/video/film/imaging technologies
- You can develop and maintain with C #, C / C ++, SQL, NoSQL.
- Linux and MS development environments and technologies
- Good knowledge and experienced in Web technologies:
- Back-end: Python or Ruby or Golan or Node.js, Restful API, JSON
- Able to collaborate by using an Agile methodology
Profile – Soft skills
- Passionate in new IT solutions, R&D, software development and coding
- Open for changes and continuous learning, drive for self-learning to allow you to find solutions autonomously!
- Curious, interested and proactive for latest technologies and new solutions from imaging, 3D over VR and to leverage the full scope of Sony technologies and in general new technologies
- Like working in a dynamic and nimble team motived by challenges
- Stress-resistant and you like challenges and working on “mission-projects”
- Interested in both conceptual and operational work
- Sense of responsibility and rigorous
- curious, interested and proactive in learning various and latest technologies
- you like working in a small and smart team motived by challenges
- your self-learning ability allows you to find solutions autonomously
- you like challenges and working in “mission-project” mode
- interested in both conceptual and operational work
- sense of responsibility and rigorous
- In general, we work in English and global. Therefore, working knowledge of English (upper intermediate; B2 (read, speak, write) is required.
Type of contract
- Full time employment
- Fixed-term contract
- Work in a friendly, lively environment having ambitious commercial objectives.
- Be part of a highly dynamic and energizing team with the benefits of small and nimble organization which is part of the large international Sony Group
- Strong opportunity for professional development as we grow with many new projects
- Global experience and travel abroad on projects around the world with a unique and international experience within the Sony Group
- Receive a competitive salary and a range of other employee benefits, incl. employee discount on Sony Products (TV’s, Cameras, Headphones etc.)
Date of hiring
- Covering letter + resume to: Michel.DeKempeneer@memnon.com
- With references: 201804-ITDS-BE
|Job Category||EUROPE, NORTH AMERICA|
|Date of Hiring||01/2018 – 03/2018|