MEMNON ARCHIVING SERVICES SA
Avenue de Four à Briques, 3b – 1140 Brussels
VAT: BE 0438 551 252
Subsidiary of the Sony group, Memnon core business is the digital audiovisual industry. For its clients, more than 90% abroad and worldwide, the company provides audiovisual digitization and archive management services for customers in Broadcast & Media, Research & Education, National Archives and Cultural Institutions, and many governmental, international and NGO/NPO organizations.
Memnon headquarter is located in Brussels with a subsidiary company in the US and some production sites on other continents.
Under the responsibility of the CFO, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the accounting records, invoicing, sorting and recording of accounting vouchers and supporting documents, preparing payments, encoding payroll and managing all daily or regular operations relating to finance and accounting.
You will be in charge of current transactions related to VAT, Tax, and other legal and fiscal obligations.
You will prepare annual accounts.
You will manage all these matters for both entities of Memnon in Belgium and for the one the USA (Bloomington – IN).
Tasks and responsibilities
- General accounting
- cost accounting
- VAT & Tax returns
- Invoicing to clients
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable management
- Weekly cashflow updates
- Preparing payments
- Assisting the preparation of monthly reporting
- Preparing the account statement for both entities
- Preparing audits
- Procurement process management
- Administration related to accounting, tax, finance, subsidies
- Encoding and managing monthly payroll for employees
- You will report to and work closely with the CFO
- Memnon Brussels (1140)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor in accounting
- Junior position with short experience – internship
- BOB software or similar
- MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint)
- English (B2)
- French (C1)
Profile – Soft skills
- sense of responsibility and rigorous
- will of professional development towards more responsibilities
- eager to learn, curious, interested and proactive
- you like working in a small and smart team motived by challenges and continual growing
- open for changes
- drive for self-learning to allow you to find solutions autonomously
- varied work embracing all aspects of accounting
- be part of a highly dynamic and energizing team (about 50 people in Brussels, more than 100 in the world)
- opportunity for professional development
- be part of a growing company making business all over the world
- unique and international experience within the Sony Group
- professional environment and adapted tools
- employee discount on Sony Products (TV’s, Cameras, Headphones etc.)
- advantages (fix wage, end-of-year premium, meal vouchers, home-to-work trips reimbursed at 100%)
Date of hiring
- Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference: 201908-ACCB