MEMNON ARCHIVING SERVICES SA
Avenue de Four à Briques, 3b – 1140 Brussels
VAT: BE 0438 551 252
Memnon is a worldwide leading provider of services to digitize, restore, preserve and provide access to audiovisual (Audio, Video, Film and Images) recordings of any format. We work with professionals from media firms, broadcast, cultural institutions, national libraries, universities, businesses and international organizations that reach into the sports, politics, culture and research fields. We are the trusted partner for some of the most important archives in the world. We belong to the large Sony Group and have our operations worldwide with projects often the heart of our client. Memnon’s operations are in Europe (Brussels), in the USA (Bloomington, IN) and in Australia (Beresfield), and on-site at several client facilities around the world.
If you are a graduate in Project Management (science and engineering master degree) with 1 or 2 years experienced and/or if you hold a Prince2/PMP certificate, if you are passionate, interested in international projects around the world and if you are an autonomous self-learner and proactive team player, Memnon would like to meet you.
The mission of the Junior Project Manager is to manage audiovisual digitization projects under the supervision of Customer Delivery Manager and to develop progressively to manage autonomously large projects with customers around the world.
As a Junior Project Manager, you’ll manage new projects from A to Z under supervision of a senior PM and technical guidance of the engineering team. You’ll ensure that the projects are well defined, structured, prepared, documented, and managed according to our methodology and processes, ready to run on our production platform, identifying required evolutions if needed, and that the operational team provide the deliverables to the client in accordance with the contract agreed with the client.
You’ll participate to projects definition and preparation, and continue during the whole lifecycle of projects, both in Brussels and on-site abroad.
You’ll organize and coordinate all aspects of the project including setups and local onsite implementation and process.
You’ll ensure that the Memnon Production lines either at our facilities or onsite at clients are working according to project requirements, and Memnon processes and quality standards (ISO 9001:2015 compliant). You’ll then follow, monitor and improve production from start of project, to progressive ramp-up and to full production pace.
At Memnon, we strive to deliver to a very high-quality standard to public institutions, broadcasters and media, and other major players of the audiovisual sector.
In this role, you will be in touch with clients, partners, technical experts and all players involved in project implementation, locally or abroad.
You will work closely with the management, commercial, technical and operational teams to implement Memnon service delivery expertise for clients located in Europe and all around the world.
Tasks and responsibilities
- To deliver our customer focus, you need to prioritize tasks, make commercially smart decisions and set realistic goals to achieve the best results.
- Client relationship, client reporting, and project governance with customers across Europe and world-wide,
- Projects from our Brussels facility, and external onsite projects abroad,
- Work on early stage project shaping, solution definition
- Identify and plan resource requirements (GANTT chart). Lead, schedule and plan all operations related to the implementation of the Memnon solutions
- Overall management and coordination of technical, maintenance and operational teams at Memnon and on site during both the set-up phase and production phase.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all partners, internal and external, to define and reach solution requirements,
- Establish budget and reporting for technical implementation, logistics, operations and running production,
- Manage projects related investments. Manage strategic suppliers by monitoring performance, SLA’s and Continuous Improvement activities,
- Accountable for maintaining project quality and service standards and productivity,
- Manage, coordinate and control project cost, project procurement and project budget,
- Manage client invoicing with finance team,
- Accountable for maintaining client/project related contractual obligations and for escalation process, manage Contracts information in contract database
- Accountable for maintaining local partners and supplier relationships,
- Prepare and manage contract change requests,
- Monitor productivity targets and production process improvements
- You’ll report to the Customer Delivery Manager for project management and partly to the CEO or other senior management members on certain on-site projects
- You’ll work closely work with sales team, finance and administration, and technical and R&D teams
- You’ll be in touch with Memnon’s local partners all around the world
- Memnon Brussels
Education and Experience
- Graduate MSc in project management or Certified PMP/Prince2
- 1 or 2 years experience in Professional Project Management
- Prince2 basics (foundations or practitioner certification is preferred) or PMP is preferred
- Willingness to travel worldwide (for onsite projects, missions may be 2-3 weeks for new project starts and certain level of travel during project delivery)
- Engineer or IT background in media or technology-related field
- Planning & Organization: strong organizational skills,
- Assets in supporting, implementing and leading local projects in an international environment
- Good knowledge in managing of indirect categories such as Sales, HR, technical department, IT, Logistics,
- High Proficient in Microsoft Office tools : Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point
- Fluent in English (read, speak, write): C1
- Additional languages preferred: German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, …
Profile – Soft skills
- Strong customer service sense and attitude with a commercial and entrepreneurial driven mindset, self-starter, team driver
- Good communication skills
- A successful negotiator and influencer,
- Analytical and logical – able to make and justify data-driven decision,
- Eager to learn fast, and to adapt to fast moving organization,
- Multitasking and good organizational skills
- Full time employment
- Unique and international experience within the Sony Group
- High quality training and experience in international Project Management
- Be part of a highly dynamic and energizing team
- Training and opportunity for growth and professional development
- Employee discount on Sony Products (TV’s, Cameras, Headphones etc.)
- Advantages (fix wage, end-of-year premium, meal vouchers, home-to-work trips reimbursed at 100%)
- Cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.orgWith mention : 201907-PMJBE